Project Beers is a webshop focused on selling craft beer. To properly process orders and conduct our business, we ask for personal data. We are committed to protecting this data. Personal data is carefully processed and properly secured. In doing so, we adhere to the stated requirements of the Privacy Law.
What data do we process?
– Zip code
– Telephone (optional)
– Date of birth
– E-mail address
– IP Address
– Contact with customer service
– Use of promotions & discount codes
– Contact via social media
– Website visit
What do we use your data for?
There are several reasons for storing and processing your personal data. For example, the data below are processed on a “legal basis.” This means that we process this data for the proper conduct of normal business.
This is how we use your data for:
– For proper order processing and shipping of your order
– To inform you of the progress of your order
– To serve you well when contacting our customer service department
– For proper settlement in case of replacement of your product
– To check if you have reached the legal age limit for ordering alcohol
In addition, we collect some data to ensure that you enjoy an optimal customer experience and that we can tailor our products and services to your personal preferences. Consider:
– To inform you about our products and services
– To provide you with targeted offers of our products and services
– To continually improve our website, product offerings and services
– The use of our social media channels
– Receiving our newsletter and promotions
Provision to third parties
Your personal information is shared with third parties only when necessary to conduct business. For example, we want to ensure that your order is delivered properly and that payments are processed in a secure environment by our payment partners. Parties collaborating are:
– Delivery partners such as PostNL
– Payment partners and banks
– IT service providers and web hosting
– Process optimization such as Google Analytics
– Legal authorities, in case of a court order
Project Beers has not authorized the use of your data for purposes other than its own customary services.
We give the highest priority to the protection of your personal data. We only work with certified companies for data storage, and the parties we work with for data storage are located within the Netherlands or the EU.
Your right to privacy
As a customer of Project Beers, you have the right at all times to inspect the data we hold on you. You can request these from us. Would you rather not have your data still stored with us? Then you also have the right to have it completely removed.
Data retention period
– In the overview below you can see how long we keep data. Data from inactive accounts will not be kept for more than 7 years. This is a legal requirement.
– Data on orders and payments must be kept for 7 years by order of the tax authorities.